- Experience building websites with HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Practiced agile and lean principles through immersion in several startup environments
- Tooling: JIRA, Looker, Zendesk, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Product Operations, Manager Codecademy
October 2016 - Present
- Reports directly to Codecademy's VP of Product & Content, as the key stakeholder responsible for ensuring successful delivery of five EdTech programs, managing launches and life cycles for over twenty cohorts each quarter. (Codecademy Pro Intensives, January 2017)
- Team Lead for our Learner Support function, consisting of five user-facing services, for a $12M+ EdTech SaaS product, built to scale with new quarterly content releases.
- Built and scaled systems for managing a team of two full-time employees, and 120+ remote independent contractors, in partnership with department heads from Product, Engineering, Design, Curriculum, and People Operations. (Codecademy Pro, July 2015)
- Defines and monitors operational health metrics, which includes conducting user research efforts around learner retention and customer satisfaction: reduced our program churn rate by 50%; increased NPS by 250%; and cut Learner Support costs by 27%.
- Co-led the inception of our Customer Support team; ran analysis and executed a systems improvement plan by overhauling the infrastructure, tooling, and people operations, which laid the foundation that scaled the team from one member to a team of five.
June 2015 - October 2016
Works with our product management team, designers, curriculum engineers, software engineers, and other key stakeholders to build, manage, scale, and define and analyze success metrics for the Advisors program -- a service feature of the Codecademy Pro paid product, which offers 1:1 code support, internationally -- in tandem with the company's product and content roadmap.
May 2014 - Present
Responsible for having managed General Assembly's New York City Front-End Web Development, User Experience Design, and Visual Design programs throughout all stages - from ideation to production to execution.
- Leads the production of a $1M+ (annual revenue) educational product
- Plans project life cycle to ensure program margins exceed company goals (historically +3-5% over target)
- Manages 30+ front-end web development practitioners/instructors, recruits and onboards new hires
- Responsible for quality of student experience, leading to highest Net Promoter Score (NPS) across all part-time programs - an average of 50+ NPS, quarter-over-quarter, 2014
- Informs product decisions with quantitative/qualitative data reports, used to implement refreshes in an agile environment
- Direct weekly touch points with cross-functional teams (Product, Sales, Instructor Development, Marketing, Community Management)
- Works bi-weekly with producers globally in 13 markets to define success and improve project management methods; mentors and onboards new producers
- Partnered with legal team to write a script to increase efficiency of student contract processes. The software leverages RightSignature's API to bulk download contracts, rewrite file names, and organize documents via a singular naming convention in accordance with State regulations, resulting in a massive reduction in time spent (50+ hours down to ~5 minutes). Script written in Ruby.
- Analyzed 2014 program retention by leveraging historical data in Looker and pulling database info related to student course drops, resulting in key discovery of the top reason for ~$210k loss in company revenue
Associate Education Program Producer, General Assembly
August 2013 - June 2014
- Manages the production of Front-end Web Development and User Experience Design
- Leads weekly strategy sessions with instructors to analyze feedback, prioritize objectives, and improve program metrics
- Consistently develops, reports, and iterates on global internal and external production resources and best practices, at scale
Associate Production Designer, FreshNeck
November 2012 - October 2013
Collaborated closely with CEO and web developers to design site banners, promotional graphics, and mailing inserts, in response to company branding strategy sessions. Accompanied in testing, analyzing, and delivering feedback on the web user experience during the launch of www.freshneck.com.
Community Manager, Onevest
May - November 2012
Responsible for developing and executing external growth strategies and marketing events. Directed the organization of the company's community of web users. Worked with clients to curate and edit crowdfunding campaigns. Utilized storytelling and design skills to construct infographics of crowdfunding data.
Marketing and Public Relations Associate, The TASC Group
January - May 2012
Participated in marketing strategy sessions for clients, including a national non-profit campaign. Produced media lists for targeted client outreach, including NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
October 2011 - June 2012
Targeted and tailored client-specific strategies supported by primary and secondary research to increase brand recognition for several startup companies. Assisted in creating website templates and designs for two new businesses.
BBA in Marketing, Summa Cum Laude, 3.8 GPA, May 2013
Front-End Web Development, Back-End Web Development, Product Management, User Experience Design
- Bootcamp Hostel Skol Lá na Vila - São Paulo, Brazil, Selected by Brazilian agency, Naked, as one of twenty creative minds from all around the world, who came together for one week in Brazil during the 2014 FIFA World Cup to live, learn, create and celebrate. Read more here. (July, 2014).
- AAF 2013 National Student Advertising Competition, Created an integrated marketing campaign (A Room Worth Sharing) for sponsor Glidden paint under the American Advertising Federation (May, 2013).
- Ideated and designed a crowdfunding infographic on behalf of Rock The Post that was published here on Forbes.com (June, 2012).
Personal Projects & Interests