- Knowledge of: SQL, agile product development, UX/UI, product marketing
- Toolkit: JIRA, Google Analytics, Looker, Zendesk, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Experience building and hosting websites: GitHub, HTML, CSS, jQuery
October 2020 - Present
Product Manager - Learner Support, Codecademy
August 2016 - October 2020
My role is at the junction of product development and people operations. I lead Codecademy’s learner support services, owning the people and product features that help millions of coders solve their most common programming questions, to our premium support tier designed to get learners to outcomes by driving product engagement and retention. Additionally, I've worked on the project teams responsible for bringing all three of Codecademy's revenue-generating products to market (Pro, Intensives, Go).
- Reports directly to Codecademy's VP of Product & Content, as the key stakeholder responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality online learning experiences to serve three verticals of the product (Web Developmet, Data Science, Computer Science), managing all launches and life cycles through maturity (Codecademy Pro Intensives, January 2017).
- Associate Product Manager for the launch of Codecademy Go, our first mobile app; co-led alpha and beta testing to develop the feature set for the MVP while building a technical team to prototype the content production process to scale.
- Built, from the ground up, the B2C Learner Support arm of the organization which now provides technical support to tens of thousands of customers per month; required scaling a remote part-time workforce from 0-100 in less than 6 months. Later worked with our CEO, VP of Product, and VP of Finance—navigating a very complex legal landscape—to lead a reclassification of 150 contractors to part-time employees (Oct-Sept. 2017).
- Defines and monitors health metrics for new product launches, including conducting user research efforts around learner retention and customer satisfaction: reduced our program churn rate by 50%; increased NPS by 250%; and cut Learner Support costs by 27%.
- Co-led the inception of our Customer Support team; ran analyses and executed a systems improvement plan which overhauled all tooling and people operations, from designing the information architecture of our customer knowledge base to hiring our first CS director to grow the team from 1 part-time contractor to 4 full-time employees (2016).
June 2015 - July 2016
Works cross-org with C-level execs, product managers, software engineers, designers, marketing, and content developers to build, manage, and scale four of our B2C learner support services (e.g. code collaboration, assessments, professional guidance) that drive product and business KPIs, including revenue, engagement, and retention within Codecademy Pro.
June 2014 - May 2015
Managed General Assembly's New York City Front-End Web Development, User Experience Design, and Visual Design programs throughout all stages, from ideation, testing and development, through to production.
- Led the production of a $1M+ (annual revenue) educational product
- Tracked program health metrics to ensure margins met company goals (historically +3-5% over target)
- Managed 30+ front-end web development practitioners/instructors, recruited and onboarded new hires
- Responsible for quality of student experience, led to the highest Net Promoter Score (NPS) across all part-time programs - an average of 50+ NPS, quarter-over-quarter, 2014
- Informed product decisions with quantitative/qualitative data reports, used to implement refreshes in an agile environment
- Directed program's weekly touch points with cross-functional teams (Product, Sales, Instructor Development, Marketing, Community Management)
- Worked bi-weekly with producers in 13 global markets to define success and improve project management methods; trained and mentored new producers
- Partnered with the legal team to write a script to increase efficiency of student contract processes. The software leverages RightSignature's API to bulk download contracts, rewrite file names, and organize documents via a singular naming convention in accordance with State regulations, resulting in a massive reduction in time spent (50+ hours down to ~5 minutes). Script written in Ruby.
- Analyzed 2014 program retention by leveraging historical data in Looker and pulling database info related to student course drops, resulting in key discovery of the top reason for ~$210k loss in company revenue
August 2013 - June 2014
- Managed the production of Front-end Web Development and User Experience Design
- Led weekly strategy sessions with instructors to analyze feedback, prioritize objectives, and improve program metrics
- Developed and maintained program's global internal and external production resources and best practices
Technical Project Manager, FreshNeck
November 2012 - October 2013
Collaborated daily with CEO and remote web developers to design site banners, promotional graphics, and mailing inserts, in response to company branding strategy sessions. Accompanied in testing, analyzing, and delivering feedback on the web user experience during the launch of www.freshneck.com.
Product Marketing Manager, Onevest
May - November 2012
Responsible for developing and executing external growth strategies and marketing events. Directed the organization of the company's community of web users. Worked with clients to curate and edit crowdfunding campaigns. Utilized storytelling and design skills to construct infographics of crowdfunding data.
Marketing and Public Relations Associate, The TASC Group
January - May 2012
Participated in marketing strategy sessions for clients, including a national non-profit campaign. Produced media lists for targeted client outreach, including NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
October 2011 - June 2012
Targeted and tailored client-specific strategies supported by primary and secondary research to increase brand recognition for several startup companies. Assisted in creating website templates and designs for two new businesses.
BBA in Marketing, Summa Cum Laude, 3.8 GPA, May 2013
Completed the following part-time courses, each ~60 hours: Front-End Web Development, Back-End Web Development, Product Management, User Experience Design
Personal Projects & Interests
- Mentoring, coding, snowboarding, coed soccer, hiking, biking, gardening, local exploration and traveling abroad.